How To Develop An Educational App: Features And Development Cost
Education has undergone one of the most significant transformations. Given the fact that online learning has been around since so long, unplanned and forced change has proven to be a significant difficulty. With simply a smartphone and educational app development services, technology isn’t just for kids or students anymore; it’s also a fantastic platform for grownups.
According to the study, the E-Learning Market crossed USD 250 billion in 2020 and is predicted to increase at a CAGR of over 21% between 2021 and 2027.
That’s why education app development is gaining popularity at unprecedented levels.
Do you intend to develop an educational app? You’ve reached the right spot. As a leading education app development company, we’ll share some fascinating information about educational applications, how to create a successful app, and how to profit in the e-learning sector!
But, before that, let’s clarify,
What are education apps? Is it worthwhile to invest in education app development?
Learning is an ongoing process that has no end. No matter how so much you learn or comprehend, there are always new things to discover, and the only thing you need is information. Educational mobile apps directly address learners’ psychology, assisting them in comprehending and assimilating material from a new perspective. The application gives learners challenging assignments, riddles, and educational games to help them learn the topics. The number of learners chooses the audio-visual mode of teaching. This novelty in the world of learning excites and motivates people to learn.
Bespoke education mobile applications are available at any time and from any location. It is not constrained by time. The idea is to study whenever you feel like it.
What percent of individuals use educational apps?
Well, the stats are quite high. The education apps were used by students, companies to train their employees, and some experts who wish to expand their knowledge base.
Apart from the above, below are some more use cases of bespoke education apps:
- Individuals who wish to change it up a bit or further their education learn new talents and obtain new knowledge
- Educational institutions are tasked with resolving a variety of learning issues.
- Systems for online courses to use such applications as a tool for industry marketing
Why invest in education app development?
Educational apps are used by a large portion of the population from various backgrounds and generations, and Edtech is rapidly expanding. This means that learning how to design an educational app has distinct advantages for both users and businesses. Here are the advantages of e-learning for two different target audiences: businesses and solo individuals.
- 24*7 availability and accessibility
- Ensure effective communication
- Saves time
- Ensures easy productivity tracking
- Ensure systematic and quite easy learning
- Helps to improve performance
- Ensure versatility
As you have seen, the market potential and benefits of education app development.
Educational app development is becoming increasingly popular, and educational institutions and entrepreneurs are vying to make comprehensive education apps. Before you hire the best educational app developers for your educational app development services, read on to learn more about some of the most important app concepts and features to contemplate.
Key features to consider before starting the education app development!
With outmoded features seen in conventional learning, today’s educational apps are unable to interest learners. If you’re a company looking to tap into this market, you’ll need to provide cutting-edge features, trending material, and interactive components to keep learners engaged and driven throughout the learning process.
The following are among some of the must-have functionalities for modern educational apps. Have a look:
- Push notifications – Any new app, especially educational apps, should have a push notification functionality. In the development of educational apps, these alerts might alert users of unfinished courses and levels, as well as new learning goals that have been set.
- Live – Instructors and learners’ educational applications should be able to organise engaging live sessions as well as daily tutorials for trainees. Live tutorials, on the other hand, allow students to interact with tutors and teachers in real-time to solve problems. These tutorials can also be utilised to get solutions to a variety of questions.
- Gamification – Gamification is increasing in popularity among instructors and learners, as it helps significantly to a participant’s cognitive growth. It’s one of the most effective strategies to maintain your learners’ attention and encourage them to advance. It comes in a numerous forms, including specific badges for academics, multiple levels to finish, and even competitions.
- Offline mode – Learners must be able to view their learning content regardless of whether or not they have access to the internet. Because network restrictions will be removed, learning will be easier. At the very least, learners should be able to access some of the app’s information and functions when offline.
- Feedback – Feedback is valuable since it aids in the redesign of the entire process and the correction of issues that are upsetting users. Similarly, when it comes to instructional apps, having a feedback option is critical. It will aid in the exchange of ideas between instructors and learners. Further modifications to apps for increased comfort can be performed after reviewing the input.
- Search – Furthermore, the sooner a user obtains the desired outcome, the more likely they are to maintain your educational apps. Learners can search for online courses that they require or return to complete in the near future. Instructors, on the other hand, can adapt to the programmes they teach.
- Quiz – Tests are essential in order to monitor the performance of the learners. As a result, your education app should provide mock tests, questionnaires, and practice tests based on subjects, topics, and languages, among other things. Learners can easily assess their performance by using these test papers to assess their capabilities, themes, chapters, and subjects, among other things. Videos, audio clips, and other interactive elements can be incorporated to assist learners in getting more tips and expertise.
- Payment Integration – Whenever it comes to online payments, you must maintain a high level of security. You should also provide users an easy payment methods, such as credit cards, PayPal, Braintree, and so on.
- Social sharing integration – The best approach to connect with users is through social media sites. Information and material can be distributed further on social media channels with the help of social media integration. With this approach, you’ll constantly be connected to existing users while still having the opportunity to meet new people. Users will be encouraged to stay connected to the app as a result of the overall process. Meanwhile, make sure you’re providing good video quality and substance.
- Multiple languages support – Language support is always beneficial as part of an application’s localization plan. It expands the user base and taps into a larger group of potential users. It makes things easier to understand for the pupils. If an educational application is intended for a global audience, language support becomes even more important. Languages are quite diverse and vary greatly from one place to the next. It’s as good as nothing to make learners use a mobile app in a language they don’t comprehend.
So you have seen the must-have features that you need to include in your bespoke education app. You can also seek assitance from a top education app development company if it’s difficult for you to decide.
Now it’s time to look into,
How to build an educational app in 2021?
For begin, developing an educational app necessitates much planning and preparation, which includes:
1. Do some research
Before you begin constructing an app, you must first research and assess the target demographic and age range for whom you are developing an educational app. Consider the target market and how technology can help people engage with the application. Creating a blueprint for the target audience and demographics becomes easy once you’ve identified them. Your market and competition research, timeframe, budget, and other crucial areas are also important.
2. Choose what type of content
The most crucial aspect of your educational mobile app development will be having relevant content and materials because then users do not waste time exploring an empty portal. Along with all of the pictures, videos, slides, and other features, content provides a lot of value to your educational app. If you’re working for someone else, it’s crucial to get content before you start developing.
3. Select the type
There are innumerable ways to categorise educational apps, as there are numerous kinds of educational apps.
Before you start developing your application, you’ll need to figure out what kind of training your users would need. Educational apps can be classified as follows, depending on their intended use:
- Language learning apps
- Educational gaming apps
- LMS apps
- Education apps for businesses and institutions
- AR/VR enabled educational apps
Choose wisely before consulting with top education app developers.
4. Design the UI/UX of your bespoke education app
It’s essential to make a first impression. Only if the educational app is straightforward, beautiful, and clear will learners, lecturers, and institutions download it. Again, when it comes to millennials, design simplicity is paramount. At the same time, the vibrant images and engaging sound should appeal to a wide range of customers. As a result, pay attention to the application’s design. That is why it is preferable to work with the top education app developers.
5. Consider security protocols
In the modern age, where all is done online, security is one of the most pressing problems. If you’re creating an educational website or app, be sure you’re following all of the security rules and using the latest technology to keep people safe.
6. Test the app before deployment
It’s time to check your app’s workflow and user experience after you’ve used scenarios and wireframed it. Testing will show you which areas are problematic and where you should focus your efforts. You can also share your educational app with coworkers to test the user’s experience from the moment they open it to the point where they achieve their goal.
7. Select the right team
You’ll need a development team to make educational mobile applications. The following are the experts you’ll need to complete your task:
- Android developers
- iOS developers
- UI/UX designers
- Frontend developers
- Backend developers
- Project manager
- Business analyst
Make absolutely sure that the hired education app development company has the right expertise and experience in the industry, and if you are looking for top educational app developers in the UK, then contact us.
Now, let’s see,
How much do educational app development cost?
In short, the cost to develop a bespoke education app depends on a number of factors, including:
- Region of educational app development company you hired
- Functionalities you want to add
- Advanced features
- App’s design
- The platform you want to use
The cost to build an application depends on various factors like above and many more. In order to get a complete quotation for the educational app development, contact us.
We all know that education has gone completely digital, and that modern technologies are increasingly being used to transmit experience and abilities to learners and students. In terms of profitability, it’s also a lucrative segment in the mobile industry. You need to take actions now, before it becomes too crowded, and create educational apps.
If you are looking for top educational app development services, contact us.
We, as the leading educational app development company, can set you up for success with your educational mobile app by combining cutting-edge technology, expert knowledge, and market need. We can turn your education app idea into a successful business utilizing top solutions.
Contact us and we’ll set up a special tech consultation to help you convert your concept into a brand.